Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/4 cup raw shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup raisins (or your favorite dried fruit)
- Food processor or blender
- Medium sized mixing bowl
- Stirring spoon
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
1. Preheat oven to 275 F. Place the almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and coconut flakes in a food processor or blender and pulse a few times to break into small chunks.
2. Place the ghee or coconut oil, raw honey and vanilla extract in a medium sized saucepan over medium-high heat and allow to melt. Stir to combine, then add the ground nut mixture and stir until the everything is fully coated.
3. Spread the granola mixture evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once or twice. Remove from the oven, add the raisins and sprinkle with sea salt, pressing the mixture together firmly to form a tight, flat surface.
4. Allow to cool for about 20-30 minutes or until fully hardened, and then break into chunks. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.