A Tasty Thai Dish With Coconut & Peanut Flavour BOMBS!
Prep & Cooking Time: 40 mins
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 bunch spring onions (sliced)
• 1 bunch coriander (stalks finely chopped, leaves picked)
• 400 grams pork fillet (sliced)
• 4 tbsps Thai red curry paste
• 4 tbsps peanut butter
• 1 tbsp brown sugar
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 400 ml light coconut milk
• 175 grams baby corn (pack)
• 1 lime
• jasmine rice (steamed, to serve)
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan or flameproof casserole.
2. Add the spring onions and coriander stalks and cook for 1 min.
3. Add the pork slices and cook for 5 mins until starting to brown.
4. Stir in the curry paste and peanut butter. After 30 secs, add the sugar, soy and coconut milk, plus ½ can of water.
5. Mix well, put a lid on and leave to simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
6. Remove the lid, add the baby corn and increase the heat.
7. Bubble for 3 mins until the corn is cooked and the sauce has thickened a little.
8. Stir in the lime juice and check the seasoning.
9.Serve scattered with the coriander leaves and rice
10. Get out your phone and take a picture of it and stick it on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram tagging us in @athleatuk using the hashtag #ieatathleat